Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have a 02 Tahoe 233 5.7l with 2 barrel carb. Can I use a auto

Customer Question

Have a 02 Tahoe 233 5.7l with 2 barrel carb. Can I use a auto head gasket set for a truck? I also need to replace power steering pump and harmonic balancer and lifters can I also use normal auto parts or do they need to be aquatic?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
1. If the engine has closed cooling with a heat exchanger and antifreeze, you can use an automotive gasket. If there is full open cooling, you must use marine.
2. The power steering pump must be marine. Automotive pumps run 3000 psi, marine pumps 1000 psi. When an automotive pump is hooked up in a boat it blows the power steering actuator.
3. Lifters are the same as auto.
4. The balancer is the same as auto.
I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.
Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating.
Thank you
Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, just checking in. Did you have any further questions on this?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking in. No rating has been put through yet so I wanted to see if you had any more questions on the issue? -Jason