Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I ran the fuel level down to a point where the starboard engine

Customer Question

I ran the fuel level down to a point where the starboard engine started to stall. Filled tank up----no problem at low RPM. At 3500 RPM the starboard engine stalls. Need to bring both engines back to neutral, then restart. After a few minutes the problem repeats itself.
Suggestions?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my email is: ***@******.***
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Check your filters on the engine for signs of water or debris. When you run a tank that low, the debris that is in the bottom of the tank can make its way to the engine and plug the filters. All fuel tanks have some debris on the m from the way that they are manufactured.
If that is not the issue, remove the pick up from the tank and try to turn the tube if it moves, replace it.