Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 1995 Yamaha Wave Raider 1100 Triple. I am running on 2 cyl…

Customer Question
Hi I have a 1995...
Hi I have a 1995 Yamaha Wave Raider 1100 Triple. I am running on 2 cylinders and intermittently on 3 and ski runs great for a bit. When I pull the plugs Cylinder 3 seems to be the one with hardly any evidence of normal wear. The other two plugs look normal. I have replaced the plugs and all plug wires assembly and still same result. Im not sure what to check now. Ski runs pretty good on 2 cylinders but hard to start. Inside electrical box looks very clean and dry with no corosion. Ski has only been in fresh water.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 2 days by:
7/8/2015
Marine Mechanic: RSRBOB, Technician replied 3 years ago
RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Hi and thank you for your question.The first thing I would suggest is to put a timing light on the rear cylinder and see if it is getting steady spark or not. If it is getting spark, you need to do a compression test on the engine. If the compression is good and you are getting steady spark, then we have a fuel delivery issue, probably in the #3 carb.Check those 2 things out and let me know what you find.ThanksRSRBOB