Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2008 Starcraft Aurora deck boat. The battery went

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Starcraft Aurora deck boat. The battery went dead while starting it, I replaced it with a new fully charged one and now I just get 1 click sound from the engine compartment and no crank each time I turn the key to start. Prior it cranked and started, but when I charged the old battery I had the same result. The battery is hooked up correctly.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Do you have a voltmeter? Do you know how to take basic voltage measurements with a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kevin, unfortunately I do not. I was hoping for a reset switch or something in the engine compartment since it was working prior to the switch, but wishful thinking since things usually don't go that easy for me!
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin. No there isn't any kind of reset switch. If a meter is not something you know how to use then you would have to take this one in. Good luck!