Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

90 hp 2008 mercury marine engine will not start. Just cranks.

Customer Question

90 hp 2008 mercury marine engine will not start. Just cranks. Battery good. Removed cover and used starter fluid and it almost started.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Charles, thank you for requesting me today.What is the serial number of your engine?Is there a primer bulb in the fuel line?Has the engine been sitting for a bit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where would I find the serial number.NoIt's been 2 weeks since it last ran.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
On the right side clamp bracket.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
###-##-####c3b
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a 4 stroke efi engine.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Look on the bracket that is mounted to the engine. On the right sie there is a sticker. The serial number is ***** there.What about the primer bulb?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see a primer bulb.Will try and find the serial number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
found it.1B494373Jun 2007
90 ELPT 4S
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the fuel tank for water. Then remove one of the spark plugs and inspect the tip. Let me know how it looks. How full is the oil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Probably out of my league with EFI. Not sure how to get to the spark plugs.Going to contact a boat mechanic.Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Spark plugs are on the rear of the engine under the coils. I can guide you through this entire engine.