Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 1992 2000slm tigé, first time putting it in the

Customer Question

I have a 1992 2000slm tigé, first time putting it in the water. What are the two plugs in the back,one on each side of the exhaust. Do they need to be plugged before gettin it in the water?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** are drain for the exhaust manifold they need to be plugged. You will have drain on the side of the engine block also. When you start the engine look for water coming out of the engine if you see water you missed one of the drain plugs. If you can find the drains the easy way to locate then is to start the engine the water will be coming out the drain holes. Once you have located then put plugs back in them. Now the drain plugs should always be put back in after the engine is drained as the holes can rust and you can't get the plugs to screw in. This will require a pipe tap to clean up the threads. Post back if you need further assistance. Thank you...Tan