Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I HAVE A 2002 BF9.9D HONDA POWER THRUST MOTOR.I TOOK THE CARB.

Customer Question
OFF AND BLOW OUT ALL...
I HAVE A 2002 BF9.9D HONDA POWER THRUST MOTOR.I TOOK THE CARB. OFF AND BLOW OUT ALL THE PORTS AND THE JETS,ICHECKED THE FUEL PUMP AND ITS WORKING GOOD,AND THATS ALL. THE REASON WAS IT WAS HARD TO START AND KEEP RUNNING.THE ONLY WAY IT WILL RUN IS THAT I ONCE START IT I HAVE TO KEEP UP THE RPM TO STAY RUNNING. AS I SAID, I DID'T TRY TO MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS BUT I HAVE TO TAKE OF THE CARB. COVER,THATS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SPRAY STARTER FLUDE IN IT. IM SORRY FOR THE SPELLING,THANKS, ***** ***** IS***** GIVE ME YOUR PHONE # ***** COULD EXPLAIN IT BETTER.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hi Warren my name is***** website does offer phone service but they do charge an additional fee for that (30$) Did you want to stay online, or did you prefer the phone?
I HAVE SAID EVERYTHING I DID TO THE ENGINE SOFARE. AND IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO MAKE IT RUN THE WAY IT SHOULD,IM SURE YOU CAN TELL ME THE ANSWER THIS WAY AND NOT PUTTIN OUT 30 BUCKS JUST TO TELL ME OVER THE PHONE,SO SEND ME THE ANSWER, THANKS.
Did you clean this carb by hand, or ultrasonically?
ARE YOU ASKING ME IF I CLEANED THE CARB BY A FREQUENCYS OF MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS, NO I DID'T, I CLEANED IT BY HAND USING B-12 CHEMTOOL CARBURETOR CHOKE AND THROTTLE BODYCLEANER, NO BOWLOUT WAS USED AND.BEFORE I TOOK IT APART IT WAS DOING THE SAME THING,WHAT I DID, DID'T CHANGE THE RUNING OF IT. AS I SAID,I HAVE TO PRIME IT BEFORE IT WILL START AND TO STAY RUNNING HIGH RPM'S
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
These carbs really can't be cleaned by hand, the passageways are to small. Because of that the proper way clean them, and how Honda specifies you do it, is to remove all of the jets and mixture screws. And then put the carb body in an ultrasonic machine (heated preferably) for 1/2 hour or so. And then blow it all out with compressed air. That is the only way to get the internal passageways clean. Does that make sense?
I was hoping you would reply back but it looks like you read my response and logged off. Does that all make sense to you, that the carb has to be cleaned ultrasonically? Also, did you have any further questions on this?
Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic