Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

We need a mechanic experienced in electrical work 1970

Customer Question
We need a mechanic experienced...
We need a mechanic experienced in electrical work for a 1970 Chris Craft Commander. The guy working on it has had it since October. We are losing our second season. He screwed up all the wiring, as per the surveyor, who went to examine the boat and stopped after looking at what this idiot did. This is the third person who has literally screwed my husband. Hubby wants nothing more than to have the boat ready to go and not be covered by insurance for only sitting at the dock. The boat is now out of the water in Lindenhurst, LI, NY. Our slip is in Babylon, NY, and the sharks are calling us to take it since we are not docked. Can you help us?
Thank you sincerely,
Kim Hurley (###) ###-####( Florida Exchange - James Hurley's cell)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
7/2/2015
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Hello Kim,
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.
I am very experienced in 12v electrical and some 120/220ac as well. I do see the problems you have explained and I can say I have seen many hack jobs in my day. Not only am I experienced but I do make my own harnesses and cables as well.
Let me start by asking what type of assistance may I be of help to you for?
I do see that you would like a phone call, I can offer that and Skype as well as my personal direct email as alternate contacts as well.
Thanks,
Joe
Joe
This is Jim Hurlry. I need someone to actually work on the boat and not to just discuss it with me. Please don't call me for $18. Email me the address you replied to me. Give me your rates and availability.
Thanks
Jim Hurley
Good evening Jim,
Unfortunately we do not directly offer that service. While we could recommend someone in your area, this is an online service. This service is more so to help direct customers via email, website, live phone call, etc on diagnosing and repairing. Even if I were able to assist you hands on, I am in Florida.
I'd be happy to help direct you with any repairs however it seems like what you mainly need is someone there in person to preform the repairs and if that is the case about the best i can do is locate some companies for you to contact, which I understand you could do as well.... I'm just trying to offer what assistance I can for you.
Thanks,
Joe
Joe
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic