Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have 2011 Mercury 50Hp 1C136001 outboard on a Rib Boat and

Customer Question
has connected from engine to...
I have 2011 Mercury 50Hp 1C136001 outboard on a Rib Boat and has connected from engine to center console 84-896536A01 harness. Currently I have no gauge to read info from engine, gas ....I called mercury and ask them what I can connect to that harness and they told me that I will need 892990T01 analog gauge adapter to that, but still did not being clear what exactly I need to get or buy to connect so I can have readings from engine.
My question is what gauges or what I need to get so will work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
7/2/2015
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.Are you looking to get a SmartCraft gauge or just analog gauges?

Whatever is easier or fits the best, ***** ***** fine with any of them

Well the analog will be cheaper for just a tach. Does the boat have any gauges currently?

Nothing now, so will need all gauges that functions with my engine

Lets go with analog, I already purchased the adapter harness 84-896536A01

Ok, these here are just basic gauges. You can get a tach for your engine, temp gauge (if you wanted), trim gauge (would also require a trim sender on the engine. fuel gauge, requires a built in fuel tank. But you can see the basic prices of these gauges here. If you will need assistance with the wiring, I would be happy to assist you with that as well. I have submitted an offer to get my cell number, so that you an have me on the phone while you work on the boat. http://www.westmarine.com/buy/teleflex--amega-signature-series-instruments--P006_183_001_006

I will love to have the fallow:

- water pressure gauge

-fuel gauge ( how I can determinate if I have the necessary on my tank )

-voltmeter gauge

-temp gauge

- tach gauge

I will get your phone number once I will have all ready to work so I can call you

a tach and volt meter will be easy. Water pressure will require a part on the engine.Fuel gauge, look at your tank top, see if it has a disc on it with 5 screws in it. That will be the fuel sender.

What part is required for water pressure ? Can you please include a part number or similar

a hose nipple that can screw into a 1/4 pipe thread is all that is needed for the engine. the gauge kit may come with it.

Do you recommend any specific brand for the gauges that works better with mercury ?

Teleflex and Faria work best. But most all will work.

Thanks

I was doing some search and came across this monitor system 79-879896k21

Will this work ?

Yes that will work on the engine, but you will need the harness and the shop will need to set your ECU to digital after you installed the gauge for it to work.

Looks like the analog gauges are easier set up and not so complicated ?

What you recommend between the monitor system and analog gauges ?

I have a background of electrical skills in home building so I will probably do this myself.

I like the SmartCraft gauges, just not the Merc Monitor. Iwould go with the SC1000, if going SmartCraft. The analog are easy to wire provided that you now he codes.Is your control box the side mount?

The control box is on the side, correct.

As I mentioned that from the engine to the control box is wired and has the 14 pin harness 84-896536A01 there .

Ok just checking.
Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic