Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

1985 bass tracker 1710. need to replace live well pump and…

Customer Question
1985 bass tracker 1710....
1985 bass tracker 1710. need to replace live well pump and bilge pump. cant get to them without removing gas tank. I think gas tank will come out if I can first remove the livewell pump but its terribly hard to get to. the outlet from the pump goes into what looks like a pvc "T" fitting. would you happen to know if the pump outlet simply inserts into that fitting or is it threaded. I don't think its glued because I can take ahold of the pump and turn it slightly in the fitting. If its simply inserted I think I can get the pump out. if its threaded, I cant. there appears to be no way to get the gas tank out without removing the live well pump.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/30/2015
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Generally they are barbed to a hose and the hose has a clamp securing it to the fitting, if not then it is a threaded type. There are two types, if the pump is mounted via screws to the hull then it is usually barbed and push on, if not and for instance hole through bottom hull and pump on top of that straight up in the air, this type is usually threaded on. Worse case you could simply cut the pump pipe if need be and then make your repairs.
I'd have to see a picture to better explain it.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.