Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I brought my boat with Yamaha 225 4s stroke to

Customer Question
I brought my boat with...
I brought my boat with Yamaha 225 4s stroke for service to change the throttle and gear cables and also the binnacle (they all broke due to a rusted/broken cable. It is a Single lever Yamaha OEM binnacle. I picked up boat and trimmed up motor before I left to put in the motor/tilt guard. The next day went to launch boat and it did not trim, the 20amp main fuse on motor(yellow) was blown. I changed it and boat ran fine for like an hour, trimmed motor up to check the prop and then it did not go down, another fuse blown. What would cause it to blow at random? I got home and changed fuse and can tilt it up and down for 10 minutes with motor running or not and it has not blown again.,.....
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/30/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? When the fuse blows, do the trim buttons on the outboard itself still work?
No, they do not. Also the gauge on dash is dead. Name is Rich
How long for a reply? I was led to believe a reply would be much more timely.