Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I brought my boat with Yamaha 225 4s stroke to

Customer Question

I brought my boat with Yamaha 225 4s stroke for service to change the throttle and gear cables and also the binnacle (they all broke due to a rusted/broken cable. It is a Single lever Yamaha OEM binnacle. I picked up boat and trimmed up motor before I left to put in the motor/tilt guard. The next day went to launch boat and it did not trim, the 20amp main fuse on motor(yellow) was blown. I changed it and boat ran fine for like an hour, trimmed motor up to check the prop and then it did not go down, another fuse blown. What would cause it to blow at random? I got home and changed fuse and can tilt it up and down for 10 minutes with motor running or not and it has not blown again.,.....
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? When the fuse blows, do the trim buttons on the outboard itself still work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, they do not. Also the gauge on dash is dead. Name is Rich
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long for a reply? I was led to believe a reply would be much more timely.