Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

1987 Kawasaki 650sx

Customer Question

I have 1987 Kawasaki 650sx. It'll run fine for about 15-20 mins and then will not go above an idle unles you feather the throttle. If you stop and let its sit for a few mins it'll run good for a few minutes again and then the above problem occurs again. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like your problem is a lack of fuel.Try removing your tank vent check valve and see if that fixes it.It will spill a little gas if it sloshes up the hose so try to ride straight as you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to try that this evening. My brother thinks that the fuel pump needs rebuilding because it runs fine and then it's seems as if a vacuum is being created and then stopping the flow of fuel.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Ok sounds good!!