Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

1998 ns5b. Peeing nicely at all rpms no water from idle exhaust(is

Customer Question

1998 ns5b. Peeing nicely at all rpms no water from idle exhaust(is this a problem?). ran moter in salt out. with some disolved material showing up then crystal clear run in new batch.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
I don't quite understand your question, are you having some kind of problem?
When was the last time the outboard had a new impeller installed into it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just installed new impellor and impellor cup. I've seen videos of Nissan engines with water coming out the idle exhaust. I've read that some models don't squirt water there and that's alright I just wanted to be sure
before I tried a long run with this motor. inthe past I've lifted up the power head on anEvinrude engine and found a lot of salt deposit. once I clean that out the engine ran much better
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
If you just mean the idle exhaust ports then it's normal for those not to spit much if any water at all. In most cases they usually will not spit when running on the garden hose as there is no back pressure on the exhaust.If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it or if you can not see it. If you do have a problem, just reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. Thank you,Jason