Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Please send me a STEP BY STEP list on how to start a Formula

Customer Question

Please send me a STEP BY STEP list on how to start a Formula 290 SS boat. Include disconnect shore power, turn on power in cabin, turn on blower, batteries . Step by step please. Also send the docking instructions step by step to connect to shore power. Do you shut cabin power of first then connect shore?? Step by step to start boat and to shut off boat /.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Starting the vessel with out without shore power is the same procedure. In regards ***** ***** question " Not sure EXACT steps to start boat with shore power and to turn off boat with shore power."
Power would be shut down at the panel prior to connecting or disconnecting shore power. (If batteries are not already on at this time, you would turn them on) For starting the vessel you would have your normal checklist first checking over your engine and vessel prior to starting and checking your fluids, you would then run through all systems confirming all systems are functioning that are required and that all safety gear is within date, good and all in place based on the number of passengers on the vessel, from here you would next turn on your bilge blowers and then next start your engine(s) one at a time observing water output and are having no problems letting them slightly warm up before disconnecting from dock and going under way.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.