Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My 60hp EFI started running rough, can only get 4000rpms. After

Customer Question

My 60hp EFI started running rough, can only get 4000rpms. After changing tanks motor started running good. Now, with the same tank and gas motor is running rough again. Help!! Bill
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting yo today. First item that you need to check is the VST and make sure that there is no water in it. There is a small drain hose located on he bottom of it that you can put into a clear jar, then open the drain screw and allow it to drain out. If you see two layers inside the jar, you have water in the fuel and this will need to be pumped out before you can run the engine. If you do not see that, please let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot the engine.