Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 2010yahama 115 4 stroke, when i trim it down i notice

Customer Question

i have a 2010yahama 115 4 stroke, when i trim it down i notice a little bit of fluid leaking in the water, how do i top of trim fluid
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is Tan. Tilt the engine all the way up. Then facing the trim unit from behind the engine on the right side is the trim reservoir # ***** locate the fill cap # ***** Fill with trim and tilt fluid or DexronIII ATF automatic transmission fluid till it runs out the fill hole. Replace cap and operate the trim normally. Look for fluid leaking around the fill plug of the rams of the trim unit. You shouldn't see any leakage. Post back if you see a fluid leak. You might look at the gear case for possible leaks. Remove the prop and look for fishing line around the prop shaft. Post back if you need further assistance.
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/LF115TXR_0/POWER%20TRIM%20TILT%20ASSY%201/parts.html