Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I bought a 9.9 fourstroke eng off cragelist it had been painted

Customer Question

I bought a 9.9 fourstroke eng off cragelist it had been painted over and the guy said it was a 2006 the lower unit seals are out and one of the ears that hold the piece in is broken off i need the lower unit repaired but all i find is on the eng block is a 68t00 y-1 number can i send this lowerd unit somewhere to get it fixed
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** can fix the unit at the house. you need part 48 in he diagram. It should come with the seals 51. 52. and 53. to complete the seal job you will need parts 25 and 57. If you are going to replace the seals under the water pump, you should also replace the water pump impeller and the gaskets for it. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2006%20and%20Later/F9.9ELR/LOWER%20CASING%20DRIVE%201/parts.html