chester298
chester298,
69243481

My 2000 gti seadoo try to start by it self and will run with

Customer Question

my 2000 gti seadoo try to start by it self and will run with no key
Category: Boat
Expert:  chester298 replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer. -Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have a 2000 gti the buzzerd stay on andthe ski will try to start on its own i had to disconect battery i tried to reconect bat but it starts turning over

Thanks for your response. It sounds like your start/stop button is faulty. The button is normally open (normal) when it gets faulty the contact is automatically switch to close so your seadoo starts by itself. Try to disconnect your start/stop button connector and see if still start by itself. If not start when the button is disconnected you need to replace it. Hope this information will be helpful.IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no still trys to start the only way it doesit try to start when i touch pos is if i disconect computer

OK thanks,

If you already tried disconnecting it but problem still there. You possibly have problem on program of computer. This is not for home or DIY fix, this will need a special device that only Seadoo dealers have.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Your only option in this case is send it to nearest Seadoo dealer.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do i need to replace to fix

No need to replace. It only needs reflashing or reprograming on Seadoo dealer.

Or sometimes the program reset itself by removing the battery for 24 hours then reconnect it after.

In case that the problem still there after removing the battery your program is need to reflash, Seadoo dealer ONLY can do that.

Hope it helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just had the computer replaced

Did you already replaced the ECU/MPEM?

Is this compatibe to your 2000 GTI?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah and just had the starter replaced work fine for about an hour then buzzer went off took it home went to shut the garage door with the button and it started up all by its self next day it did it four times in yard

Have you try to check your electrical box if there is a water in there?

Also corrosion on electrical box sometimes cause that.. If not, please try my suggestion to leave your battery unplug just to reset the program.

Then let me know if the problem still persist.

Thanks,

Chester

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah it has been unplugged for a couple days noI did notice some water on the plug on the brain boxw

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no water in elc box

Thanks for your response.

It sounds like you have faulty starter relay.Try to replace it.