Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 9.9 E10rcom outboard that is very hard to start. It

Customer Question

I have a 9.9 E10rcom outboard that is very hard to start. It takes about 30-40 pulls before it will fire up and run. It will run for a while and then if you shut if off and restart it starts usually on the first or second pull. But if you shut it down and wait about 5 minutes it just will not start. I just bought the motor a couple weeks ago so I took the carb off and it looks like it was just rebuilt and cleaned. I do not see any dirty or varnish looking fuel. I also put new spark plugs in but did not help.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Is the choke present and working on the engine? Does the engine have the plastic air box over the front of the carb, or is that missing?