Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My 99 gtx runs great an hour then won't start till

Customer Question

My 99 gtx runs great for bout an hour then won't start till it sits a while. New plugs dig get some water out when I replaced them.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
When the problem takes place please remove the spark plugs again and crank the engine, if water comes out again as I suspect it will since you had this symptom before as you stated, this then indicates you have water entering the cylinders. At this point you would want to check the exhaust, and the head. There are gaskets that can fail and allow water to enter the cylinders such as the head and the manifold.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.