Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

My waverunner pulls to the left when accelerating. Makes it

Customer Question

My waverunner pulls to the left when accelerating. Makes it difficult to drive. Have to offset the left drift by steering to the right. Can this be fixed? Is it a defective jest thrust nozzle?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Behind the venturi section of the pump is a section called the stator. That is a semi spiral in the opposite direction of the turn of the impeller.That cuts the water in such a way, that it reduces a twisting thrust out the back.If there has been a rock sucked into the pump at any time and those veins have broken this will hurt the effect of the stator and cause more pull.The other reason you would pull to one side more is if the steering cable needs adjusted or has come loose somewhere.Fully inspect the cable ends to make sure the cable body is secured to the ski so it can not move.If that checks out then you can adjust the cable ends to offset your steering problem.Most of them have 10mm jam nuts on the ends then you turn the ends to add or remove length depending on what you need to get it right.