Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Jeremy, I have a 2008 115 4 stroke Yamaha. Start the morning

Customer Question

Jeremy, I have a 2008 115 4 stroke Yamaha. Start the morning and it runs great. sit for a couple hours fishing, starts up great, head back in and it loses power. Drop it down to around 20 to 25 mph and seems to run OK. Power back up and loses power again. Run for a while at 25, power back up to 30 and seems to run OK. Fla. Outside temp around 90 plus. Motor has been well serviced. Thought it might be bad gas but have run thru couple tanks.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Is the engine fuel injected or carbureted?Have you tried squeezing the primer bulb when it's bogging?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't but will. Fuel Injected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The primer bulb hangs vertically directly out of the water separator. One mechanic saw that and told me it should be horizontal. Didn't think much about it at the time.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't really matter. It has internal valves to control the flow of fuel through it.I would like to know what happens when you squeeze the bulb to see if it makes it come to life or not.Have you ever replaced the fuel filter on the bottom of the fuel pump inside the VST?