Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have a grady release 28 twin 225hp batteries are dead have

Customer Question

have a grady release 28 twin 225hp batteries are dead have on a charger. what should the switches be on. 1 2 off or both?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
What kind of charger do you have? Is it a basic single bank automotive charger?
Also, how do you have it hooked up, just positive to positive and negative to negative on one of the batteries?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Greg
Yes
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg.
The best way to charge these, and by best I mean so that the batteries take a full charge. Is to leave the battery switch on the OFF position. And then charge each battery one at a time. That's the best way to do it.
Did you have any further questions on the issue or does that take care of it for you? -Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome and I was glad I could help.Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, just reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. And if I have saved you quite a bit of money, or saved you a trip to the dealer, tips are always greatly appreciated.Thanks,Jason