Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Bayliner 20Ft -1991 Bow-rider Capri 4.3L 6cyl. Mercury I/O.

Customer Question
Equiped with FARIA Tachometer...
Bayliner 20Ft -1991 Bow-rider Capri 4.3L 6cyl. Mercury I/O. Equiped with FARIA Tachometer square 5" black bezel w/ 4 1/4" white face round opening 0-6000 rpm
Faria Model CS0260G. I need a replacement tachometer. Can you help me.
Alternate contact(###) ###-####or***@******.*** Thanks
Henry Houle
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/18/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hi Henry, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Faria will not make that exact tachometer any longer, and it's so old I can't even look it up to see what it looks like. Can you take a picture of the tach for me. From there I'm sure I can find you something that works and looks good.
Got it. Now the opening the tach fits in, is that round, or just a rough cut? Do you know what the actual cutout diameter is?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do you have any idea of the cutout diameter for the existing hole. Back in the day this boat was built, there wasn't standard sizes for gauges like there are today.
the cut-out in the dash of my boat is 4 1/4" round (as per the blue color picture of the back of the tach.) with the permanent factory installed black color plastic square 5" frame .
I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a Faria tach in that size. Are you open to other brands, or did you specifically want a Faria?
I'm not married to Faria if you find another brand/manufacturer that is the same or reasonably close I'll consider alternatives
depending on cost etc.
I've been looking for close to the last 1/2 hour and I absolutely can not find a 5 inch tachometer in white from any brand, at all. I've found a black one from VDO that is ungodly expensive, but nothing in white. I've checked all the catalogs, Faria, Teleflex, Seastar, VDO, and a few other brands. There are a couple of 5 inch high end tachs in black, and that's it. I think i'm going to have to throw in the towel here. Do you work with wood or acrylics/plexiglass at all? You might have to make a bezel to cover your hole and drop a 4 inch tach in it's spot.