Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a SeaRay Sundancer 290 with twin Mercruiser Sterndrives.

Customer Question

I have a SeaRay Sundancer 290 with twin Mercruiser Sterndrives. Under the dash there are two one-inch circular alarms which are Mercruiser engine alarms as indicated on a tag attached to the alarm wires and I can confirm that on the to the SeaRay wiring specs. After taking the boat out of winter storage, one of the alarms is ringing continuously, even when the engine key is in the off position. It does not stop when the engine is running either. None of the gauges indicate a problem. The oil pressure gauge and smartcraft indicators for both engines show no problem with oil pressure or engine temperature. Can you help?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
All Mercrusiers are cataloged by serial number, can I get the number on one of the engine please.
On the buzzer, does this buzzer that's beeping now sound the same/give the same tone as the opposite buzzer when you start the opposite engine?