Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2004 Waverunner 800 XLT. Last week I had it on the…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Waverunner...
I have a 2004 Waverunner 800 XLT. Last week I had it on the lake and ran it for an hour. It ran perfect. Today it won't start. It seems like it is starving for gas. I replaced the fuel filter and no change. The new filter doesn't look like its getting any fuel. I'm frustrated.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/18/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jeremy R., MarineTechnician replied 3 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Hi, My name is***** you for letting me try and assist you with your problem.
A couple things can cause the filter to not get fuel.
The On/Off valve is plugged,
The fuel pump needs rebuilt,
The pulse hose from the crankcase to the fuel pump is cracked or loose.
Check those things and if it all looks good.
Rebuild the carbs and the fuel pump.
They both work in conjunction with each other on pressures.
If it's never been done so far you're way over due.