Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

89 bayliner ford 2.3 omc cobra fill engine oil to full mark..

Customer Question
89 bayliner ford 2.3 omc...
89 bayliner ford 2.3 omc cobra fill engine oil to full mark.. run boat about 1 half an hour engine is out of oil it was pumped out the exhaust with the water... what is causing this
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/17/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
There are only 2 things that would cause that. Either worn out piston rings, or bad valve seals. To tell which it is you would compression test the engine first. The results need to be a minimum of 100 psi. If any cylinder comes back lower than that, the rings are going to be the problem. If compression looks good, the engine is going to have bad valve seals.
If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, just reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.
Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. Tips are always greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason