Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I want to install an Electro Scan in a Bayliner 4550. This…

Customer Question
I want to install an...
I want to install an Electro Scan in a Bayliner 4550. This boat came from the factory with one installed but a previous owner removed it, so there is plenty of room for the unit plus one or two 4 gallon salt solution tanks, if needed. The boat has two marine heads, fed by raw water. They are six feet apart and the unit will be plumbed in between the heads. Do I need a four gallon salt solution for each head or can I use one tank with a tee in the line?
I operate in Chesapeake Bay in the summer and coastal Florida in the winter. Our portion of Chesapeake Bay is not salty enough to support enough volts across the pads so some amount of salt will have to be added. Some neighbors throw in 6 ounces of salt with each flush but that takes a hell of a lot of salt if one lives aboard as we do.
Thanks,
Dale Stevens
Pocomoke City, Maryland
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
6/15/2015
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Hello. My name is***** head has to have it's own tank. This is out of the manual. Post back with questions.
Now what you could do is install another bulkhead fitting in the tank and run another line. This you could do with the 4 gallon tank. Look at the tank assembly in this link. Just add the Salt feed Control valve assembly 31-304W. http://www.depcopump.com/datasheets/raritan/LectraSan_2_Gallon_Salt_Tank.pdf Here is a link to the kit 31-304W. http://www.raritaneng.com/product/salt-feed-control-valve-assy/Do you follow this procedure?Post back with questions.Thank you.......Tan
http://www.depcopump.com/datasheets/raritan/LectraSan_2_Gallon_Salt_Tank.pdf
That's fine for the 31-3001 two gallon tank for the Lectra San. What I need to know about is the four gallon tank with pump, Part #32-3003 for Electro Scan. Is it one tank per head or one tank per Electro Scan unit?
This system injects the salt into the tank directly. So you don't have to connect it to the water supply to each head.https://raritaneng.com/pdf_files/electroscan/L289v0306.pdf
Tan
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician