Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

How do I start up a 2005 crownline water system?

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/14/2015
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Hello. My name is***** get the boat model please? There should be a switch on the dash that says water pump. Turn switch on you should hear the pump running. Post back with findings.
I did that Nothing happened.
I filled the water take turned the ignition key on and turned on the dash switch. Dash switch lights up but no pump running?
Locate the fuse panel check the fuses. If the fuse is not blown then we need to locate the pump and check for voltage at the pump.
breaker is on.
Ok that leaves only one thing the pump it self. Locate the pump and check for voltage to the pump. You will need a volt meter to test for voltage at the pump. The pump will be close the the water tank. The exact location I can't tell you as the manual gives no clue. Post back if there is no voltage to the pump. If you have voltage at the [pump then the pump is bad. There is a pressure switch pull the cover off the pressure switch and check for voltage to both the wires at the pressure switch. The pressure switch will have the power wire then a wire coming out of the switch going to the pump motor. If you can get a number off the pump I can help with verifying it is the pump and not the pressure switch. Post back with findings.