Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

How do I start up a 2005 crownline water system?

Customer Question

Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the boat model please? There should be a switch on the dash that says water pump. Turn switch on you should hear the pump running. Post back with findings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that Nothing happened.
I filled the water take turned the ignition key on and turned on the dash switch. Dash switch lights up but no pump running?
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Locate the fuse panel check the fuses. If the fuse is not blown then we need to locate the pump and check for voltage at the pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
breaker is on.
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Ok that leaves only one thing the pump it self. Locate the pump and check for voltage to the pump. You will need a volt meter to test for voltage at the pump. The pump will be close the the water tank. The exact location I can't tell you as the manual gives no clue. Post back if there is no voltage to the pump. If you have voltage at the [pump then the pump is bad. There is a pressure switch pull the cover off the pressure switch and check for voltage to both the wires at the pressure switch. The pressure switch will have the power wire then a wire coming out of the switch going to the pump motor. If you can get a number off the pump I can help with verifying it is the pump and not the pressure switch. Post back with findings.