Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2005 Mercy 90 hp. 4 stroke engine and have a real…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Mercy...
I have a 2005 Mercy 90 hp. 4 stroke engine and have a real hard time shifting from forward to reverse. I have talked to other people on line and they have same problem they think Mercy should have a recall on this problem. What can I do to fix it ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/12/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? There isn't any kind of defect on the engine, regardless of what other folks might have said. When properly set up these outboard shift just fine.
I have a couple of questions back to you. First, has the engine ever been any different/better in the past for you? What are your idle rpms reading with the boat in the water, and in forward gear?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
would like phone call.
I do offer phone calls but the website does charge extra for them (30$). I will send the information for that over to your email address. If you would like the phone call you can accept the offer in the email address and then I can get your number. If you prefer to stay online, you can decline or ignore that offer. -Jason
Is this on top of the other fees?
So far I haven't found out anything on my motor.
Correct, it would be on top what you have paid so far.
As for finding anything out, I haven't heard back anything about the questions I had asked you in my first reply.