Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

How to separate a transom from outdrive on a Volvo penta s

Customer Question

how to separate a transom from outdrive on a Volvo penta sx-m
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
To remove the drive from the transom assembly you remove the clips and cylinders from the drive then the 6 nuts along with shift cable etc, then you can remove the drive. If you need to remove the drive gimble assembly from the transom this requires a lot more work, it has the nuts on the inside of the transom and all the hoses/lines, electrical and steering must be disconnected as well as the exhaust if through drive, if this is what your after you must also figure in what it takes removing to get to that area and service removing it. the engine is removed to service this.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.