Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a power drive ripetide corded pedal when I step on the…

Customer Question
I have a power drive...
I have a power drive ripetide corded pedal when I step on the pedal to make it turn right nothing happens if I want to turn left it works just fine . Thoughts.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 day by:
6/12/2015
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
First you will need to make sure that it is not the steering motor. Remove the 2 side panels, then the cover over the center. You will see the main board there. Locate the Black and White leads. Unplug them. Use a jump box or a battery for power, supply positive voltage to one wire and negative to the other. Both of these wires are the ones going to the center steering box. If the motor turns one direction, reverse the leads and try again, if the motor now turns the other direction, replace the foot pedal.