Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Minn Kota 55....last autumn it failed and I had a

Customer Question

I have a Minn Kota 55....last autumn it failed and I had a local boatyard [where I had originally bought it] look @ it...they found fishing line wrapped around the propshaft and fixed it...by that time I had returned to Florida for the winter...I have now returned to NC for the summer/autumn....charged and connected the battery and NO response from the motor....checked the shearpin and it is intact...checked the battery with another motor and the battery is fine....WHERE can I get it looked @ asap??....by grandsons are here and want to use the 12 ft JonBoat that the 55 propels..any help is appreciated...thanx, RRR
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Is this something that you want to repair yourself. If so I can guide you through it.