Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I HAVE A 2005 f 12 x turbo AQUATRAX 3 seater, bought it last…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2005...
I HAVE A 2005 f 12 x turbo AQUATRAX 3 seater, bought it last fall didn't put it in the water until a couple of weeks ago, it starts and runs great out of the water , but in the water it won't tach over 3500,I turned on the slow mode setting and it ran about the same, when I took it off slow mode it's still runs the same, unhooked the battery let it set, hooked it back up but no different , also out of the water it will tach to 6500 just not when under load, what would you recommend. Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/8/2015
Marine Mechanic: TIMOTO, Mechanic replied 3 years ago
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic

I am assuming that there are no warning lights for battery, oil. temperature or FI on the dash when this occurs. In that case the first thing to check is for a stuck waste gate on the turbo.

Here is a parts diagram for reference: http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hondapwc&a=13&b=15&c=0&d=-TURBOCHARGER-ASSY.

You will have to cut and paste the address as it is not shown as a direct link.

To the left of the #13 there is a dashpot that controls the opening and closing of the waste gate. Follow the linkage rod to the actuating lever on the waste gate. I use a stubby 17 mm open end wrench over the end of the lever to check for free movement. It should rotate about 45 degrees with no binding in either direction. Let me know if this checks ok or not.