Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Locked tilt n trim OB is 87 Mariner, tiller, sn OB258726,

Customer Question

Locked tilt n trim
OB is 87 Mariner, tiller, sn OB258726, motor runs fine, is locked at about 45* up. Boat is 87 open Tuffy.
Tilt n trim won't move. # ***** unit 92975A24, (no name visible) is attached to transom in the boat, separate frm OB, (not sure how) difficult access.
Up n dwn solenoids click, but pump motor does not run. Release screw open or closed no effect. working up/dwn buttons enough warms the pump motor but won't run.
Fuse is ok, pulled the one square 4-5 prong connection I can see, was clean. IDEAS??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Coming from the trim motor, there are 3 wires, blue, green and black. Remove them from the solenoids, apply battery power directly to the blue and he black. Positive to blue and negative to black. Does the motor now tilt up?