Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2008 opti-max 150 hp.outboard motor. I put it in the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 opti-max 150 hp.outboard motor. I put it in the water this morning and i couldn't get to go any faster than just obove idol.i had left gas in the tank and put stabilizer in it for storage over the winter.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
When you tried to speed up, what did the engine do? Stall out, nothing, sputter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When i tried to speed up the engine sputtered and then stalled out. It started again but would only go a little faster than idle.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Ok,
Are you near the boat now and can do some testing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i'm not near my boat right now because it's 10:30 pm. I will reply to your question in the morning . Thank you
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good. Tomorrow I will be on and off, due to a baseball tourny out of town. I will reply as soon as I log back on.
Charles
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's fine, i'm busy most of tomorrow anyway so i may have to wait untill monday. Thank you.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good. Monday I will be on for just a bit after 530, and then not on until after 930 PM CST.