Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., MarineTechnician
Experience:  Multiple factory certifications 20+ years of experience.
8380480

James, I have twin 6LPS-STP After both running couple

Customer Question

James, I have twin 6LPS-STP
After both running for a couple of hours (on and off a few times, drift fishing) On one it won't start no click all I could hear was the normal tone you hear when you start. I have checked the neutral safety switch.Where can I jeeck the voltage to the starting system. I checked all batteries (3) whey all read 13.5 VDC.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** you for letting me try and assist you with your problem.
You can check power right at the starter to see if it's getting close to battery voltage at the starter.
The solenoid that moves the starter drive gear or bendix is built into the starter. So if you're getting power and only a WHIR sound like the starter is spinning but not the engine then a new starter is what you need.