Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have a Mercruiser with Smart craft IT will not start It has

Customer Question

Have a Mercruiser with Smart craft IT will not start It has no power to the remote control The engine will run if we jump the start relay and it will run but no trim operation or shift operation. The drive is in neutral and hooked up to the lap top and it has no codes stored It will shut off with the keyIt is a 2007 Sea Ray engine # *****
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
There is a 5 A fuse near the battery that is for the engine clean power, make sure that fuse is still good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I looked for it there is on this boat 3 fuses one glass fuse that it connected directly to the battery looks small enough to be 5 amp it is good it is attached to a pink (ish) wire light blue tracer
There are two atm type fuses mounted near battery one marked bilge pump and one marked stereo they are all good
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
this fuse is a blade type.
When you turn the key on, do the gauges come to life?
Do you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No only bilge pump blower horn and lights
Fuel pump does turn on
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Have you already checked to see if all of the fuses on the engine are good. This includes the main 50A breaker.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have been ding this crap for 35 years. I got all that stuff covered This is something new I think the communication module between the ecm and the dts module is bad but I don't have the merc software to hook up to the dts module
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
What software are you using?