Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Could you tell me the color code 30 hp 4 stroke? . the

Customer Question
Could you tell me the...
Could you tell me the color code for a 30 hp 4 stroke? . the colors are 2 red, blue, black, green, and brown. I turn the key to the on position with the neutral safety switch button pushed in and I take voltage measurements which are 0 at the input barb, and both the start and run circuits. If I move it out of neutral and turn the key I get 12volts at the input tab and the run circuit and 0 in the start circuit. I can start the engine by putting the ignition switch in the run position and pulling the pull cord and it starts right up, and shuts down by turning the key to the off position. I just am a bit lacking knowledge of how the wiring is set up to troubleshoot the problem. Can you help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/2/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
What is it you are trying to do, did you just install a new keyswitch?
If yes, what is each post on the back of the keyswitch labeled, and what color wire do you have on those posts?
Hello, it looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did not receive one.