Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 95 Supra and having a hard time finding the engine

Customer Question

i have a 95 Supra and having a hard time finding the engine plugs when it was winterized since i paid to have it done. is there a good diagram or some to look on the internet for assistance?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the engine serial number please? Now when ever I drain an engine I put the plugs back in so the drain holes don't rust up. If they aren't put back in the drain holes will rust and you can't get the plug back in. The easiest way to find out if any plugs are still out is to connect water to the engine start engine. The water will pour out the left out plugs. Now just check one thing be sure all the hoses are connected to the sea water pump. Some people disconnect the water lines to the pump. Some pumps have a drain plug on the bottom.