Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have 2003 140 4 stroke,running yesterday, started loosing power,would

Customer Question

have 2003 140 4 stroke,running yesterday, started loosing power,would pick back up,checked oil,looks like white paint and smells like gas
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with.
Obviously you have a gasket leak. There are 2 in particular that will do it, the head gasket and the oil pan gasket. In the shop what I we do is we pull the powerhead and replace both gasket. That is what needs to be done. Did you have any questions about the process, the expense, or anything like that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
any idea on price
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my name is troy
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hey Troy,
On average, if it is just gaskets and there are no issues with cracked or rotted parts, you would be looking at roughly 900 all said an done. It's about 200 bucks in parts between the 2 gaskets, oil, and incedentals. And on average it runs 7 to 8 labor hours. It is basically 1 full days worth of work a skilled mechanic.
Did you have any other questions on this or was that your primary concerns? -Jason