Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I bought a 2008 Ultra 250x, it has 4 hours on it, took it out…

Customer Question
I bought a 2008 Ultra...
I bought a 2008 Ultra 250x, it has 4 hours on it, took it out wouldn't run bc the bad gas and plugs, so I replaced the plugs and gas seem to run ok but the fastest it's been is 45 and only getting to about 6,000 rmps and 11lb of boost. Do you have any idea what it could be its been sitting in the garage for about 3 years
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
6/1/2015
Marine Mechanic: RSRBOB, Technician replied 3 years ago
RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Hi and thank you for your question.
We need to start at the very beginning of the diagnostics process. Let's run a compression test on the engine 1st and make sure it is healthy before proceeding. Reduced top speed performance can certainly be a mechanical issue. A compression test is the quickest and easiest way to determine if an engine is mechanically sound or not. Let me know what you get and we can go forward from there.
Thanks
RSRBOB
I'm certain in doesn't have anything to do with low compression it only has 4 hours on it and has been sitting inside the garage it's still basically brand new