Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I made the mistake of removeing the bolts that hold the flywheel…

Customer Question
I made the mistake of...
I made the mistake of removeing the bolts that hold the flywheel too the hub and now I don't know how too set timing?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
my engine is a40 hp 4cyl 1992 ser #od129688
are you hear ??
5/31/2015
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Remove the spark plugs rotate the #1 cylinder to TDC(top dead center) then put flywheel on so the pointer is pointing to TDC.
Can you do this post back if you need assistance on any of these steps.