Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Why do I keep having issues with my windshield flexing on my

Customer Question

Why do I keep having issues with my windshield flexing on my(###) ###-####alumacraft trophy
Any kind of chop or bigger the gap in the windshield litteraly flexes and opens up
I done it three times and the windshield has actually collapsed in and got stuck
Boat went to alumacraft and they said they reinforced it
Got it back and it still flexes
Hasn't fallen in yet though like before but comes close
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible there is an issue with the hull of the boat that the windshield flexes.
A boat that size shouldn't have that kind of issues no should be built for big water that's why I bought it.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
It is the hull flex that is causing the issue with the windshield. The way that the boat is built, they would need to increase the length of the side supports to get them firmer and not allow the boat to flex so much. Another down side to the boat flexing that much is that it could work loose the rivets in the hull. Then you would have a water leak. The thickness of the sheeting of the sides is another issue for that boat. It is multiple layers of thinner material and not one thicker layer.
Have you considered a different brand of boat?