Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a Regal 2465 commodore . I'm told it is pre wired for…

Customer Question
I have a Regal 2465...
I have a Regal 2465 commodore . I'm told it is pre wired for a windlass. I have located the wires in the bow rope locker but can not find wires in the engine compartmen to hook up to batteries. There is power to the rocker switch at the helm. Also i would like to know where the soliniod would be located
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
Relist: I still need help.
Relist: I still need help.
Relist: I still need help.
Relist: I still need help.
Answered in 20 days by:
6/19/2015
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
The solenoid will come as pat of the package with a new windless set up. All that the boat company did as to run a few wires. For the power leads going to the front, I would look at the fuse box under the helm. There could be where they wanted to draw power from, you would see another set of larger wires on the positive and negative posts there. Since it is not really hard to run large cables in a boat side, if needed you could always just run a set from the battery to the locker here the windless is.

I do have power to rocker switch which controls the up and down of the windlass. i was hoping some one could tell me where the cables from the rope locker go as they do not go back to the batteries in the back. There was an expert who had a regal 2465 but I lost my connection and didn't get a chance to ask him any questions

Do you remember his name I can look him up

Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to read his name I lost connection just as he was messaging me

Ok,Can you upload a pic of the battery area on your boat. Maybe I can see something there.

I am at work right now I will send pics when i get home

Thanks for responding to my question

Your welcome. I will be online for most of the day .