Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

John my name is***** have a Mercury Tracker Pro

Customer Question
Hello John my name is*****...
Hello John my name is***** have a Mercury Tracker Pro Series 60 that the tilt trim unit seems to be low or out of fluid. I have read your instructions on how and where to relieve the pressure in order to raise the motor for service. I have turned the relief valve 3 full turns counter clockwise but the motor is still nearly impossible to lift more than a few inches; 3 to 4 at the most and now where near fully raised. Is there something more that I need to do to raise the motor higher?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
5/29/2015
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Hello. My name is***** the manual release screw more as far out as it will go with out coming out. If it comes out watch out for fluid and catch the release valve. Then if it still won't lift get some help. You have a corrosion issue not allowing the engine to tilt.