Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Man I am having fits with my DF 300 and the 3-6 code and g…

Customer Question
Man I am having fits...
Man I am having fits with my DF 300 and the 3-6 code and gauges
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
5/28/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
How is it I can help you? Do you need to know what the codes means? Also, what do you mean by "and gauges"?
No I know what the code is, it is a O2 SENSOR, the problem, is it is going off on both engines, I can't stop he beeping, my gauges are not showing RPMs on the correct motor, it seems like there is something in the gauges, there is so much I don't even know where to start.
Correct, the code is for the oxygen sensor. Have they been replaced yet to see if the alarm continues?
I can't figure out which engine it is because they both throw the code, even if only one of them is running.
If the engine isn't running it can not possibly throw a code. Can you be more specific about what you mean by that?
Well here is the different scenarios:
1) start port engine and after a few minutes 3-6 code shows up on started engine and on starboard that is not started, also works vice versa.2) turn off engines and the beep continues until I hit the key to the off positionAlso, the gauges randomly shift from showing starboard rpm on port and vice versa, which I have to go in and reconfigure
What you have to do is either get your gauges straightened out. Or pull the engine covers off and disconnect the engine harness on one, try it, and then plug that back in and disconnect the engine harness on the other. Does that make sense?
I have the gauges reconfigured, I think what I am going to do is try the o2 sensor on one and see if that works, and if it does not pull it and try it on the other. I find it very odd that it would throw a code on an engine that is not even started, no matter shih one is started. Does that make any sense?
Were these engines/gauges a self install, or was it done at the dealer? The reason I ask is you clearly have 2 different problems. But really you should get the gauge issue straightened out first before changing any parts, going the other way around has the potential to turn into a wild goose chase on you.
It was professionally installed, I run a charter business in Alaska, they ran fine all last season, this has just started. My problem is my dealer is 300+ miles away, he is working on it with the Suzuki tech, but I am not getting much assistance.
I don't think this is something that can be solved online. I'm going to opt out, it will stay open to the community if somebody else wants to take a stab at it.
Good luck!
Thanks for your assistance
Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic