Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2002 islandia with a beep that won't go off, no matter…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 islandia...
I have a 2002 islandia with a beep that won't go off, no matter what I do.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
It starts up right away before I start the engine and even if I unhook connectors to gauges or pull fuses, it keep going..maybe slowing down after a bit. It seems to be affecting the engine from starting.
5/27/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
What make engine do you have in the boat, and what is the model/serial number on it?
Hi, my name is***** The boat is a 2002 sea doo Islandia with a 240 EFI Mercury M jet drive. The engine serial number is *****
Got it. Is the beeping solid or a series of beeps?
A series of beeps
Gotcha. Have you checked the water separator on the engine to see if it was full of water?
I have not
Are you near the boat now?
Yes
Unscrew the water filter on the engine and dump it into a glass jar, and let it settle out. While it's setting put the filter back on and start the engine up. Does the alarm still sound? If yes, disconnect the sensor at the bottom of the water filter. Does the alarm go away?
The alArm sounds without the engine running but I will try what you said
If there is water in the fuel filter it will sound no matter what. Let me how you make out.
Sorry for the dumb question but is the water and fuel filter the same?
It's the one that looks like a big oil filter, and It has a wire at the bottom of it. Do you see that?
Sorry. Got caught in rain storm and lost light. Will try tomorrow
Okay let me know what happens. -Jason
It appears to be a battery alarm. It illuminates on the dash and if I push the battery switch, it goes off.
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Do you still need assistance with the engine? I am a Mercury certified tech and know your engine very well.