Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 25hp johnson 1996 model number j25eledm alarm going…

Customer Question
I have a 25hp johnson...
I have a 25hp johnson 1996 model number j25eledm alarm going off no water pumping out of motor
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2015
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Hello my name is ***** ***** whom am I speaking with?
When was the last time the cooling system was serviced with a new impeller and thermostat?
Hello my name is Don no idea bought motor used 3 years ago
Hi Don.
The impeller and thermostat need to be changed every other year. If you bought it 3 years ago, it has been due once since you bought it. And since you have no history on it, who knows if it has been due more than the 1 time.
In either event, having the cooling system serviced which would include a new impeller and thermostat would take care of the issue for you.
Does that all make sense to you?
Yes i understand that. How can i contact you as to how to replace them after i get the new parts?
Have you ever removed and installed a lower unit before?
One time on an old merc about 6 or 7 years ago
Chances are it's not something you were are going to be to be able to do. Most people can get them apart, but not get them back together. There is to much to have to line up in order to get it back, and it is one of those things that somebody has to show you in person how to it. I would just recommend having it done. It shouldn't cost any more and 150 to 175. When people do these everybody can get them apart, but everybody gets stuck trying to put it back together.
Ok thank you
You are very welcome. I do want to make sure you are happy with the service I am providing to you before you go. Did you have any other questions on the engine or do you think that covers it?
I think I'm good now thanks
You are most welcome and I was glad I could help.
Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you can not see the ratings box, please reply back "I rate Jasons service as _______" and fill the blank with whatever you deem most appropriate. Questions do not lose out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. Tips are always greatly appreciated.
If I do not hear back from you I thank you in advance and good luck!
Jason