Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

Have a 04 Yamaha 115. Owned since new. Hasn't been out whole

Customer Question
lot in 11 years maybe...
Have a 04 Yamaha 115. Owned since new. Hasn't been out whole lot in 11 years maybe 100-150 hours on it. Run great then just slowly lost some power on way in the other night. Normally do 43 with trimmed out an couldn't go past 35 with trimmed out an won't even hit 5700 rpm wide open
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Boat
5/26/2015
Marine Mechanic: Noel Schembri, Marine Technician replied 2 years ago
Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The symptoms you are are describing are normally due to dirty carbs. What i suggest you do is to remove the carbs and get them a good clean / rebuilt. To do this you would need to remove them from the engine and open their bowls. Soak the parts in carb cleaner and blow them using compressed air. Reassemble everything and it should go. While you are there remove also the fuel filter in the engine and clean it as well.
If you need further assistance let me know.
Noel
Its a fuel injected engine so doesn't have carbs. Have replaced fuel filter recently, within past month, never have had a problem with it till now.
Ok sorry about that but i assumed it was carbs due to the age of the engine. Since it is fuel injected, normally the problem is due to dirty injectors or fuel pressure. What i suggest you do is the following: first thing is to check the fuel filters, if you have more then one (especially inline in the fuel line ) replace it to be 100% sure its clean. Also check the fuel line and tank pickup for any blockages. IF they are ok then next step is to get the fuel injectors cleaned. First thing start with injector cleaner and if the problem persists you would need to remove them and get them cleaned by ultrasonic.
Noel
OK. Will try that an see.
Ok keep me updated.
Noel
Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician